|Regents Scholarships at a Glance
# of years program has been in existence: 29
# of full scholarship recipients since program began: 239
Amount of financial support provided since 1986: more than $9.3 million
Amount of financial support provided in 2014: approximately $21,200 per student
University System of Maryland
Regents Scholars Program
About the Regents Scholars Program:
Regents Scholarships have been created by the University System of Maryland's (USM) foremost benefactors. Substantial endowments are established by individuals and corporations to provide outstanding students with the financial freedom to pursue academic studies at one of the nation's finest university systems.
Two types of scholarships are available: full scholarships and partial scholarships. Full scholarships cover the entire estimated costs of tuition, room, board, books, and academic materials; partial scholarships range from $3,000-5,000 per year for educational expenses. Some Regents Scholarships are restricted to particular disciplines or to students attending specific institutions. Some have no qualifying factor other than merit. The awards are funded in part by endowments established by University System benefactors committed to academic excellence.
Applying for a Regents Scholarship
Learn what you need to do to apply for a Regents Scholarship.
Renewing a Regents Scholarship
Regents Scholarships are automatically renewed, provided certain criteria are met.
2014 Regents Scholarship Winners
In recognition of their outstanding academic achievement, the following individuals were awarded Regents Scholarships in 2014. Each of them will be furthering their education at a USM institution, noted in parentheses.
- Tiffany Biles (Towson University)
- Valencia Danner (University of Maryland, College Park)
- Silviya Gallo (Salisbury University)
- Chris Hovermale (University of Maryland University College)
- Ruth Thomas (University of Maryland University College)
The following students were awarded partial Regents Scholarships in 2014:
- Allen Benton III (Frostburg State University)
- Samuel Damesa (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)
- Whitney Mangum (Salisbury University)
- Amy Middleton (University of Maryland, Baltimore County)
- Lola Saidkhodjaeva (Universities at Shady Grove)
- Latonya Williams (University of Maryland University College)
For More Information To learn more about the Regents Scholars Program, contact USM's Office of Academic Affairs.