Media Advisory - Finance Committee to Meet January 25
January 23, 2001
Regents' Finance Committee to Meet January 25 at College Park
The University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents' Committee on
Finance will meet in public session on Thursday, January 25 at approximately 10
a.m. in Critique Hall in the Plant Sciences Building at the University of
Maryland, College Park.
The Committee will consider several agenda items, including:
- Update by Joseph F. Vivona, USM vice chancellor for administration and
finance, on the governor's budget as well as proposed collective
- Establishment of new policies and procedures for real estate transactions,
consistent with Senate Bill 682. The new rules strike a balance between
institutional self-management and the Regents' responsibility for System
- Installation of fire protection systems in eight residence halls and four
Greek houses at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Construction of a fourth residence hall at the Capstone South Campus
Student Housing Project at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- Enhancement requests from the USM's historically black institutions, in
keeping with the partnership agreement between the State of Maryland and the
U.S. Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights.
Full agenda and background information will be available at the meeting. Sign
language interpreters and/or other appropriate accommodations for eligible
individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please call
301/445-2756 (voice) or 301/314-7683 (TTY/ITT) to make special arrangements.