Press Release - Regents' Finance Committee, Full Board to Meet August 22-23
August 20, 2002
Regents' Finance Committee, Full Board to Meet Consecutively August 22-23 at Salisbury University
The University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents' Committee on
Finance will meet in public session on Thursday, August 22 at 2 p.m. in the
Worcester Room of the Commons Building at Salisbury University. The following
day, the full Board of Regents will meet in public session beginning at 9 a.m.
in the Wicomico Room in the Guerreri University Center at Salisbury University.
The Finance Committee will consider the following items on August 22:
- USM Fiscal Year 2004 schedule of tuition and mandatory fees
- USM tuition plan for FY 2004-2008
- USM FY 2004 operating budget request - current services budget
- Extension of interim Regents' policy granting tuition remission benefits
to faculty, staff, and dependent children of Morgan State University and St.
Mary's College; and to the faculty and staff at Baltimore City Community
- Construction and equipment funding for the Murphy Hall Annex at the
University of Maryland Eastern Shore (UMES)
- Increase in funding authorization for Coastal Ecology Teaching and
Research Laboratory and the Social Science, Education and Health Sciences
Building at UMES
- Change in scope and funding for Preinkert Fieldhouse modifications and
renovations at the Hornbake/McKeldin libraries at the University of
Maryland, College Park
- Cost and scope increase for public/private partnership student housing
under development at the University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Authorization to issue a request for proposal for a public/private
partnership for student housing at Salisbury University
- Financial data report for the fiscal year ended June 30
On August 23, newly appointed USM Chancellor William E. Kirwan will make
opening remarks to the full Board of Regents. In addition, the Board will
consider the following agenda items:
- Committee and Advisory Council reports
- Proposed bylaw change designating the September meeting of the Board as
the annual meeting, during which time Board officers are elected, the
Chancellor makes an annual report, and the Board takes up a proposed
calendar of regular meetings for the following year
Full agendas and background information will be available at the meetings.
Sign language interpreters and/or other appropriate accommodations for eligible
individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please call
301/445-2756 (voice) or 301/314-7683 (TTY/ITT) to make special arrangements.