Finance Committee to Meet November 21 at University of Maryland,
The University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents' Committee on Finance will meet in public session on Thursday, November 21 at 10:30 a.m. on the 7th floor of the Albin O. Kuhn Library at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) in Catonsville.
Among the items considered by the Finance Committee are the following:
- Request for issuance of bonds to refinance and refund outstanding fixed-rate and variable rate bonds and provide additional capacity for the USM's revolving loan program for acquisition of personal property by the USM institutions
- Procurement in excess of $5 million for research and scientific equipment at UMBC
- Tuition rate for executive MBA program at the University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP)
- Modification of public-private partnership student housing at UMCP
- Project authorization to construct and improve intercollegiate athletic fields at UMCP
- Change in scope and funding for the Riggs Alumni Center at UMCP
- Modification of Regents policy to allow access to the USM Leave Reserve Fund by exempt and nonexempt staff called into active military service
- Policy on granting tuition remission to Morgan State University and St. Mary's College
faculty, staff and their dependent children, and faculty and staff at Baltimore City Community College
- Report on institutional financial aid for undergraduates, FY 2001
- Minority Business Enterprise report for FY 2002
- Quarterly review of USM capital improvement projects
Full agenda and background information will be available at the meeting. Sign language interpreters and/or other appropriate accommodations for eligible individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please call 301/445-2756 (voice) or 301/314-7683 (TTY/ITT) to make special arrangements.
- USM -
The University System of Maryland is governed by a 17-member Board of Regents and includes 13 distinct and complementary institutions: Bowie State University; Coppin State College; Frostburg State University; Salisbury University; Towson University, University of Baltimore; University of Maryland, Baltimore; University of Maryland, Baltimore County; University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute; University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science; University of Maryland, College Park; University of Maryland Eastern Shore; and University of Maryland University College.