Under general supervision, patrols campus parking areas and issues
Parking Violation Notices.
1. Issues parking violation notices for vehicles not conforming to
established campus parking regulations.
2. Patrols regulated metered parking area on foot or in assigned
3. Checks vehicle license plate and permit numbers against
outstanding citation and other specific factor lists.
4. Notifies proper authorities of vandalism crime, and or suspicious
persons in an expedient fashion.
5. Prepares written incident reports of campus activities whenever
6. Assists in the training of new Parking Control Aides.
7. Reports abandoned vehicles, through base operations, to campus
8. Monitors traffic flow and directs traffic.
9. Assists with Special Events parking.
10. Appears in court to testify in cases when parking violation
notices are appealed.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
Ability to learn and interpret campus parking regulations and
established procedures; to learn the physical layout of the
institution; to read, write and follow oral and written instructions;
to interact effectively with the general public; to perform assigned
duties under adverse weather conditions; to perform extensive
standing, walking; to communicate effectively; to operate two way
radios and telephones.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Valid Maryland Non-commercial Class C or equivalent driver's license
may be required. Candidates selected for employment may be subject to
medical inquiries and/or medical examination to determine ability to
perform the job.