Under direct supervision, provides clinical support services involving
distribution, collection, and storage of medical supplies and
1. Receives instrument cassettes from Central Sterile Unit (CSU) and
distributes to students and faculty.
2. Receives, inspects, and verifies return of all contaminated
instruments. Initiates procedures regarding missing or damaged
3. Conducts physical inventory and orders supplies to maintain
adequate inventory levels in dispensary and in laboratories.
Receives, unpacks, labels, and places supplies in proper order on
shelves or cluster cabinets.
4. Logs instruments in and out using manual or bar code system.
Enters and retrieves data from computerized database.
5. Maintains and updates logs and records of supply transactions.
Compiles and files documents such as packing slips, purchase
requisitions, and vendor information.
6. Maintains supplies kept in patient education rooms such as forms,
pamphlets, and tools used in demonstrating proper dental hygiene.
7. Distributes lab coats, patient charts, small equipment, and other
supplies to chairside.
8. Observes Universal Precautions regarding the handling of
9. Performs a variety of routine clerical duties such as answering
phones, taking and relaying information, and filing.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High-school diploma or GED.
Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations. Ability to follow
oral and written instructions. Ability to communicate effectively
orally and in writing. Ability to perform extensive standing and
walking. Ability to push and pull carts of supplies to make deliveries
around building. Ability to lift, stock shelves, and load carts of
supplies and equipment. Ability to operate computers and other
standard office equipment. Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date
records and logs. Ability to wear and work in personal protective
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries
and/or medical examination to determine ability to perform the job.
Employees in this job class may be required to receive immunization
shots to prevent illness due to exposure to bloodborne pathogens.