Under direct supervision, receives training and assists in performing
routine duties related to computer operations and/or production
1. Assists in monitoring and controlling the console of a multi-user
computer system. Observes computer and peripheral equipment and
learns to detect error messages, faulty output, or machine
2. Loads and unloads media and assists in performing routine media
maintenance for computer operations.
3. Loads and unloads forms & printers. Adjusts forms for proper
alignment. Post-processes forms & dispatches output to appropriate
destination. Assists in monitoring output to ensure legibility of
printouts & correctness of report format.
4. Assists in submitting and/or releasing production jobs following
5. Learns to perform necessary system backups and restores.
6. Learns to use scheduling software.
7. Assists in verifying output, checks for completeness and accuracy.
8. Keeps equipment clean and assists in regularly performing routine
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
Ability to learn to operate computer consoles, on-line terminals and
peripheral equipment; to lift and transport computer supplies and
equipment; to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries
and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.