Under direct supervision, receives and reviews input and output data
for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established standards.
1. Receives and reviews source documents to ensure completeness and
appropriateness prior to data entry.
2. Compares source documents to information on computer printout to
detect errors and ensure conformity to established policies and
3. Notifies supervisor when errors and shortage of output are
detected, and corrects errors or refers work to other workers for
4. Codes source documents and calculates batch totals. Verifies
output against batch totals.
5. Reviews printout format, sorts and distributes printouts based on
6. Maintains a variety of data control logs to track flow of work
7. Responds to routine inquiries and resolves problems relative to
input and/or output.
8. Assists in preparing reports for a variety of users.
9. Operates standard office equipment such as personal computers,
data entry devices, printers and photocopiers.
10. Performs general clerical duties such as typing, filing, and
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One and one half years in data entry/data control
Ability to recognize and correct clerical errors; to perform simple
mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT