Under direct supervision, performs routine repetitive clerical and/or
non-complex library duties using manual and automated library systems.
1. Searches and retrieves materials from library stacks. Sorts and
shelves materials. Provides library users with information and
directional assistance in retrieving material from library stacks.
2. Charges and discharges circulating library materials on automated
systems and sensitizing material.
3. Searches manual and automated files to verify holdings or
4. Verifies shipment contents and property stamps materials; checks
in library material.
5. Performs repetitive bindery procedures such as copying, ordering,
retrieving replacement pages and tipping into documents.
6. Assists in ordering and storing library inventory or supplies and
7. Performs routine clerical tasks such as opening and distributing
mail, photocopying, collecting and compiling statistics, filing,
typing, and periodical maintenance.
8. Participates as needed in training or monitoring student help.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
Skill in alphabetic and numeric filing. Ability to learn and
understand library terminology and functions; to communicate
effectively; to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with library users and staff; to lift, transport, sort and shelve
library materials; to operate standard library and office equipment
including personal computers and library software, photocopiers,
microfilm and microfiche readers.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT