Under direct supervision, operates keyboard or other data entry device
to record data onto various electronic storage media.
1. Enters alphabetic, numeric, or symbolic data from various source
documents into computer, using an electronic keyboard or optical
2. Ensures accuracy of data by comparing it against source documents.
Deletes incorrect data and re-enters corrections into the system.
3. Maintains records of work completed.
4. Prepares routine reports and disseminates these according to
5. Responds to routine inquiries and resolves routine problems that
are either data or machine related.
6. Performs related duties such as compiling, sorting and counting
data to be entered.
7. Operates standard office equipment such as personal computer, data
entry devices, word processors, microfilm readers, printers, and
8. Performs general clerical duties such as typing, filing, and
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year in the operation of electronic keyboards or other
data entry devices.
Ability to operate a keyboard or other data entry device.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT