Under general supervision, coordinates process associated with the
preparation of manuscripts, anthologies, and custom textbooks. Obtains
copyright clearances and handles related administrative and clerical
details related to the process.
1. Obtains copyright permission from publishers.
2. Reviews documents for compliance with copyright laws.
3. Provides guidance and direction regarding copyright procedures.
4. Processes and maintains all administrative detail associated with
5. Maintains automated and manual records and files.
6. Coordinates the completion of jobs throughout the production
process. Recommends appropriate techniques to increase quality and
effectiveness of copyright process.
7. Initiates and prepares various reports and documentation.
8. Performs other related duties as required.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or G.E.D.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of clerical experience, one year of which must
have included processing copyright clearances.
Thorough knowledge of and skill in applying copyright practices and
procedures, principles of office management and supervision. General
knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Skill in planning and coordinating clerical work; in interpreting and
applying departmental policies and procedures; in operating manual and
automated office equipment including personal computers and related
software; in composing correspondence and preparing reports; in
performing mathematical computations. Ability to communicate
effectively both orally and in writing; to establish and maintain
effective work relationships.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT