Under general supervision, supervises telecommunications information
service operations. Supervises and trains subordinate personnel.
1. Supervises the daily operations of the unit. Establishes work
priorities, plans schedules, assigns and reviews work.
2. Recommends, implements and monitors the administration of office
policies and procedures.
3. Evaluates and recommends methods for improving quality of work.
4. Conducts training in the use of telecommunications equipment and
specialized calling techniques and methods. Prepares training
materials and documentation.
5. Enters, modifies and retrieves data for automated directory
listings. Tracks employee moves and reorganizations to update
listings. Compiles and disseminates current information.
6. Collects, maintains, and prepares data annually for listings in
area telephone directories.
7. Responds to moderatly complex inquiries and requests regarding
8. Operates telecommunications and office equipment including analog
and digital telephone systems, computers, photocopiers, and
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Three years progressively responsible experience in
telephone information services, one year of which was in a lead or
Comprehensive knowledge of telecommunications information service
operations, related equipment, and software; of telephone information
call handling procedures. Skill in providing guidance and instruction
to telephone service personnel; in the use of keyboards and basic
communication software; in listening techniques for interpreting
caller requests. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in
writing; to supervise and train assigned employees; to interact with
callers in a pleasant and courteous manner and maintain poise under
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT