Under general supervision, facilitates and coordinates the day-to-day
operational activities of the campus housing and/or residence life
1. Provides potential student residents and quests with information
regarding housing accommodations on and off campus.
2. Coordinates and conducts tours of campus housing facilities.
3. Interviews prospective residents to determine needs and other
information. Verifies each applicant's status with appropriate
school or department.
4. Determines room assignments and roommate matching.
5. Coordinates the leasing, check-in, and check-out process for
6. Coordinates regular inspection and cleaning of residence halls
and apartments. Ensures that maintenance request orders made by
residents are completed.
7. Applies housing charges and refunds to student accounts. Collects
and accounts for all payments related to housing accommodations.
8. Maintains a database of each resident's housing assignment and
9. Manages the contracts and files on each student or guest
10. Compiles, prepares, and analyzes statistical report related to
student housing such as occupancy and billing status.
11. Maintains contact with the institutional police or security
officer to activate or terminate security access.
12. Compiles listings of other rental properties available off
13. Provides general office support services such as answering
phones, greeting visitors, typing, mailing, ordering supplies,
and processing payments.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Three years experience in student housing, residence life,
or directly related field.
Comprehensive knowledge and skill in the practical application of
office practices, procedures, and equipment. General knowledge of
bookkeeping principles and accounting standards. General knowledge of
and skill in the use of word processing, database, and spreadsheet
software programs. Skill in compiling and summarizing information.
Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and tact. Ability
to project a professional and positive image. Ability to interact with
students, staff, and other university employees in a courteous and
efficient matter. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in
writing. Ability to operate computers and other office equipment.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT