Under general supervision, performs specialized duties to control the
flow of information systems production to ensure application and
1. Develops, maintains and monitors production run schedules to
ensure application and system efficiency using automated
scheduling tools and languages.
2. Provides production run instructions to computer operations.
Submits runs and/or run parameters to the computer system.
3. Distributes production output as required using automated output
distribution software to facilitate distribution.
4. Reviews application run instructions, recovery instructions and
other applications operational documentation for accuracy,
completeness and compliance with standards.
5. Develops procedures for media libraries including tape, special
forms, and documentation. Catalogues and archives data
6. Reviews production systems for compliance with standards and
coordinates the turnover of systems from development to
7. Assists in job recovery by communicating with users, programmers,
operators and other DP personnel.
8. Functions as a liaison between users and vendors for services
such as data entry and microfiche. Assists with developing,
reviewing and complying with service contracts. Verifies and
maintains records of vendor supplied services.
9. Assists in the development of standards and procedures for
10. Evaluates completed output and performs other quality assurance
11. Operates computer and other peripheral equipment.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Four years in computer operations, production control, or
General knowledge of and skill in the operation of computer consoles,
on-line terminals and peripheral equipment. Working knowledge of data
processing job control usage/language; of production control functions
and software. Ability to lift and transport computer supplies and
equipment; to analyze problems and select corrective action; to
communicate effectively orally and in writing.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries
and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.