Under general supervision, supervises the work of data entry operators
on an assigned shift.
1. Supervises the day-to-day operations of an assigned shift of data
entry operators. Supervises and trains personnel; determines work
priorities; assigns and reviews work; evaluates performance.
2. Reviews documents and materials for input to determine appropriate
staffing and equipment needs. Recommends special adaptation of
equipment to accomodate processing requirements.
3. Evaluates and recommends changes to procedures for processing and
recording source documents to effectively utilize available
4. Ensures accuracy of data by checking and balancing data against
5. Ensures that data entry devices and related equipment are cleaned
and maintained in good condition.
6. Assists supervisor in preparing a variety of reports relating to
7. Researches and resolves related operational problems.
8. Performs all of the duties of a Data Entry Operator Lead.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Three years in the operation of electronic keyboards or
other data entry devices.
Thorough knowledge of the functions and capacities of data processing
equipment. Skill in the operation of keyboards or other data entry
devices. Ability to train and supervise data entry operators in the
use of data entry equipment.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT