Under general supervision, is responsible for
vulnerability/criticality assessments of campus facilities for the
design, specification, procurement and construction of mechanical and
electronic security systems, and for the coordination of all security
1. Conducts activities to identify and evaluate the security needs
and requirements or assigned campus buildings.
2. Prepares bid specifications for the installation of new and
expanded mechanical and electronic security systems.
3. Reviews, tests, and evaluates new mechanical and electronic
4. Tests electronic security systems as required.
5. Trains users to operate security systems assigned to their
facility and provides training in crime prevention.
6. Develops operational security procedures.
7. Acts as Project Manager for the construction of security systems.
8. Acts as the security service manager for designated buildings.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelors degree
EXPERIENCE: One year of progressively responsible work in crime
prevention, security system design or evaluation.
Working knowledge of electronic security systems design, theories,
trends, and product innovations. General knowledge of computer systems
and their application to security systems. Ability to read and
interpret basic electronic schmatics and architectural drawings.
Ability to write complex specifications and reports and to make oral
presentations to solicit support, train or convey ideas. Ability to
inspect and evaluate mechanical and electronic security systems.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Applicants may be required to submit to and successfully pass a
comprehensive police background investigation.