Under general supervision, directs and oversees all aspects of a data
entry operation which involves day to day planning, organizing,
delegating, staffing, and coordinating equipment repair and
maintenance for two or more shifts.
1. Supervises day-to-day operations of two or more shifts of data
2. Directs shift supervisors in their functions of organization,
control, distribution of work, priority allocations, and
3. Recruits, selects, trains, counsels, evaluates, and disciplines
4. Assists in preparing and monitoring the departmental budget.
5. Reviews documents and materials to be input to determine
appropriate staffing and equipment needs. Recommends special
adaptation of equipment to accomodate processing.
6. Ensures that data entry devices and related equipment are cleaned
and maintained in good condition. Contacts vendors or other
personnel to repair equipment as needed.
7. Evaluates machine capabilities and makes recommendations to
upgrade or purchase new equipment.
8. Predicts, controls, and implements changes in workload, staffing,
procedures or schedules through analysis of internal operation and
appraisal of user needs.
9. Performs data entry operator duties as required.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Five years progressively responsible data entry
Thorough knowledge of the functions and capacities of data processing
equipment. Skill in operating keyboards and other data entry devices.
Ability to analyze problems of a technical nature and to develop
methods or procedures to resolve these problems; to train and
supervise data entry operators in the use of data entry equipment.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.