Under general supervision, oversees the operation of a data processing
data control unit and is responsible for day-to-day planning,
organizing, delegating, coordinating and staffing.
1. Supervises the day-to-day operations of a data control unit.
Determines work priorities, organizes and assigns work.
2. Recruits, selects, trains, counsels, evaluates and disciplines
3. Serves as a liaison between users and staff to determine
processing needs and to anticipate problems.
4. Researches data to investigate and resolve complex problems.
5. Reviews data submitted to ensure conformity to system
requirements. Modifies procedures to handle unusual requests.
6. Prepares a variety of reports on departmental operations.
7. Prepares and submits purchase order requests to maintain adequate
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Four years in the data processing field, one year of which
included the evaluation and verification of input data.
Thorough knowledge of and skill in data control operations. Ability
to recognize and correct clerical errors; to perform simple
mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately; to train and
supervise data control clerks.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT