Under direct supervision, assists clients in the use of computer
hardware, software, and network services.
1. Resolves or redirects questions which are hardware, software, or
2. Receives training and assistance in computer applications such as
writing simple programs, testing, debugging, and documenting.
3. Conducts basic information technology courses in a classroom
setting. Ensures that the necessary training materials and
support equipment are available and functioning properly.
4. Ensures that hardware, software, and peripherals are properly
configured and fully operational.
5. Maintains and distributes software documentation, reference
manuals and training guides.
6. Installs and updates software.
7. Performs standard preventive maintenance on computers and
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year with the types of hardware and/or software to be
Working knowledge of two applicable software products. Skill in
operating supported computers and peripherals. Ability to communicate
effectively both orally and in writing; to work effectively with
clients; to solve technical problems.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT