USM Career Opportunities
Administrative Assistant II
The University System of Maryland Office has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant II
working in the Office of Academic Affairs in Adelphi, MD. The position will report to the Assistant
to the Senior Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs (SVCAA) and provide administrative, clerical
support to the office and members of the Academic Affairs team. Duties of this position include:
- Maintaining and organizing administrative and operational functions of the office.
- Scheduling appointments and engagements for two senior staff members and making arrangements
and coordinating all details for meetings.
- Preparing travel and other reimbursement requests.
- Processing invoices for payment.
- Preparing and revising correspondence and other materials.
- Organizing and distributing materials to a variety of stakeholder groups within required timeline.
- Planning, organizing, prioritizing, scheduling, and executing complicated assignments with
limited guidance and instruction.
- Interacting with stakeholders including, but not limited to, members of the Board of Regents,
university presidents and their administration, faculty, staff, federal and state legislators and
personnel, representatives of higher education associations and organizations, and students and
families in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Assisting office staff members in the completion of projects.
Qualified candidates are required to have:
- High School Diploma or GED and
- 3 years experience providing administrative support
It is preferred that candidate have:
- Strong communication and organization skills,
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and prioritize,
- Ability to problem solve,
- High level of tactfulness and interpersonal skills, and
- Command of electronic office applications and automated
equipment such as facsimile machines, personal and networked
computers and printers, copy equipment, voice messaging and electronic
mail systems, telephone equipment and computer programs including,
but not limited to, Microsoft Programs, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat.
Salary will be commensurate with relevant experience.
To apply, go to https://ejobs.umd.edu/ by Friday, January 30, 2015.
The University System of Maryland is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action employer. without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, marital
status, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated
to an individual's ability to perform the job, in accordance with
applicable law. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, applicants
should be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing their
identities, their U.S. citizenship or alien status, and their authorization
to work in the United States.