Under direct supervision, performs cashiering activities related to
receipts. Prepares bank deposits and maintains records of cashiering
1. Receives and disburses funds following established procedures and
guidelines; maintains records of monetary transactions.
2. Performs cashiering activities such as completing credit card
transactions, making change, cashing checks, issuing receipts and
balancing registers, receipts and disbursements.
3. Prepares currency for bank deposits or transfers such as endorsing
checks, tallying totals of cash, charges and checks received and
preparing bank deposit slips.
4. Operates automated equipment such as cash registers, charge
terminals, computer terminals and other manual and automated
5. Examines currency and checks to detect counterfeiting, forgery or
6. Prepares and submits records and reports pertaining to cash
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year of related work experience.
General knowledge of cashiering function. Skill in making accurate
monetary transactions; in performing mathematical computations.
Ability to prepare written records and reports; to operate keyboards
and calculators; to communicate effectively with customers and
co-workers; to operate manual and automated office equipment.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT