Under direct supervision, learns to design, code, test, debug and
document programs. Maintains simple programs within the applicable
environment. Receives training and assistance in interpreting
detailed specifications and standards from which programs are written.
1. Receives training & assistance in interpreting program
specifications such as detailed flowcharts, pseudo code, and
programming diagrams; illustrating sequence of steps programs must
follow; defining input, output, & logical operations involved.
2. Assists in converting and coding detailed logical flowcharts into
language processable by computer.
3. Creates and maintains simple programs based on the design
specifications of others.
4. Tests and assists in correcting program errors.
5. Assists in the development and maintenance of client, system, and
6. Assists in developing instructional materials for client training
7. Assists other staff with responding to inquiries and requests from
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Six months related experience.
Ability to program in at least one programming language; to operate
applicable computer input devices and peripherals; to communicate
effectively with clients.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT