Under general supervision, assists in planning, organizing, and
implementing fundraising and special events activities.
1. Participates in telephone solicitations of alumni and other
potential donors. Follows-up on gift pledges.
2. Coordinates gift processing requirements and procedures.
3. Maintains and updates a database of donors and fundraising
activities. Prepares various status and activity reports.
4. Writes letters of acknowledgement to express appreciation for
5. Assists in making arrangements for special events by reserving
rooms, arranging for food, preparing and mailing invitations, and
other such activities.
6. Compiles and summarizes information on potential funding sources
to be used in developing fundraising goals.
7. Assists in preparing and distributing fundraising or special
events brochures, posters, letters, and other literature.
8. Provides general administrative support such as typing, answering
phones, responding to general inquiries, and mailings.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
EXPERIENCE: One year direct sales or fundraising experience which may
have involved phonathons, alumni relations, or special events.
General knowledge of solicitation and fundraising techniques and
procedures. Skill in performing arithmetic calculations. Skill in the
use of computers and other office equipment. General knowledge of and
ability to use wordprocessing, database, and spreadsheet software.
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability
to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments. Ability to gather and
summarize information using a variety of sources. Ability to handle
confidential matters. Ability to establish and maintain effective
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT