Under general supervision, serves as a lead worker of other employees
performing production control activities such as job scheduling for
1. Determines work priorities, assigns and reviews work, trains
personnel and provides input to their performance evaluations.
2. Provides production control support to users and other data
3. Oversees daily coordination and integration of all production
application systems and resolves complex production control and
processing problems involving multiple production systems.
4. Minimizes conflict for resources by identifying and maintaining
priorities for production processing based on organization and/or
5. Ensures communication of production issues across multiple shifts.
6. Maintains production records and develops production reports for
7. Assists in the development and implementation of production
control standards and procedures. Trains users and staff in the
use of these standards.
8. Serves as a liaison with the user community to analyze production
requirements and determine appropriate support services.
9. Performs all of the duties of a Production Control Specialist I.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Five years in data processing operations, two years of
which were in production control.
Thorough knowledge of and skill in operating computer consoles,
on-line terminals and peripheral equipment; of computer operating
systems, application systems, production control functions; job
control software and related hardware. Ability to lift and transport
computer supplies and equipment; to analyze problems and select
corrective action; to train, supervise and evaluate personnel; to
communicate effectively orally and in writing; to coordinate with
multiple areas of the organization.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries
and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.