Under general supervision, designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents,
and maintains complex computer programs within the applicable
environment. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems
considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, software
constraints, operating time, and form of desired results. Participates
in system and application security and control procedures.
1. Develops complex programs which may include programming to include
interpreting specifications; designing program logic to achieve
performance; coding, compiling, debugging, and testing program
2. Reviews the application design specifications and implementation
strategy with respect to the potential impact on new and existing
data structure and system performance.
3. Provides guidance and training to less experienced coworkers.
4. Participates in strategies for total system and application
5. Implements control procedures consistent with audit requirements.
6. Develops and maintains client system and operations documentation.
7. Develops materials for client training sessions and assists in
delivering training sessions.
8. Responds to inquiries and requests from clients.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Two years applicable programming experience.
General knowledge of applicable programming languages and software
packages. Working knowledge of security and internal control
procedures related to programming. Skill in writing programs in
applicable languages; in analyzing and designing program logic.
Ability to operate applicable computer input devices and peripherals;
to communicate effectively with clients; to resolve programming
problems and determine the impact of proposed solutions; to
communicate effectively in writing.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT