USMO Career Opportunities
The University System of Maryland Office is located on Metzerott Road
in Adelphi, MD. The Office, referred to in short as the USM Office, houses
the offices of the USM Chancellor and the Board of Regents.
The following list of positions posted at the USM Office is updated on
a regular basis and maintained by the Office of Human Resources. For
further information, please contact the person indicated on the
individual job posting or the Office of Human Resources at 301-445-1967.
While we make every effort to maintain only current vacancies on this page, there may be times when the closing date for applying has passed and the position still appears on the listing.
Please note closing dates in order to determine if the position you are interested in is still available. We appreciate your interest in seeking a job opportunity at the USM
Office. Thank you.
EXEMPT STAFF POSITIONS
NONEXEMPT STAFF POSITIONS
GRADUATE ASSISTANT POSITIONS
- None available at this time.
EMPLOYEE STATUS DESCRIPTIONS
SYSTEM OFFICE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
- Non-Exempt positions are support staff positions in clerical/secretarial, technical/para-professional and maintenance/service areas. These positions are subject to the minimum wage and overtime pay provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act. They are paid on an hourly basis and must be paid overtime for hours worked in excess of 40 hours a week.
- Exempt positions are managerial, administrative and professional in nature. They are salaried positions that are not subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Contingent Category I are hourly positions that are seasonal or intermittent in nature, and are appointed for a duration of six months or less. Benefits are not available for Contingent I employees. Departments may hire a contingent I employee without a competitive selection process as long as minimum qualifications are met.
- Contingent Category II are positions that are appointed for a term of greater than six months, but no more than twelve months. A minimum level of benefits is guaranteed for Contingent II employees, and additional benefits may be negotiated at the discretion of the department. Contingent II vacancies require a competitive selection process.
- Graduate Assistant positions are available to registered graduate students enrolled in a degree program at the University System of Maryland.
The University System of Maryland is an equal opportunity,
affirmative action employer without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, marital
status, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated
to an individual's ability to perform the job, in accordance with
applicable law. As required by the 1986 Immigration Act, applicants
should be prepared to present acceptable documentation showing their
identities, their U.S. citizenship or alien status, and their authorization
to work in the United States.