The purpose of this convening is to influence and inform policy to ensure that all Maryland graduates have the quantitative reasoning and literacy skills necessary for success in college and career. The conference will be inclusive of all of Maryland’s P-20 community, including K-12 schools, as well as public and independent higher education institutions.
Topics will include:
- Implications of policy change in Maryland for mathematics instruction in Maryland P-20
- New ways of educating students in mathematics in higher education
- Bridging the gap between K-12 and higher education – what is really required on the ground?
- Needs of MD workforce and available policy levers to improve success in higher education
- New ways of teaching Algebra II
8000 York Rd
Towson, MD 21252
October 31, 2014