201.0 VII-4.30 - POLICY ON SALARY ADVANCES
(Approved by the Board of Regents, June 21, 1990)
1. Salary advances against unearned income generally shall not
be made to employees.
2. Exceptions to this Policy shall be authorized by the Chief
Executive Officer of the constituent institution or
3. Authorized salary advances shall not exceed 90 percent of
the expected biweekly salary.
4. Copies of the authorization shall be provided to the
5. The advancing of sick leave as provided by the University of
Maryland System is exempt from the provisions of this