Finance Committee, Full Board of Regents to Meet January 23 at UMBI
Finance Committee, Full Board of Regents to Meet
January 23 at UMBI
January 17, 2003
The Committee on Finance of the University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents will meet in public session on Thursday, January 23 in the Ground Floor Banquet Room at the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute's Columbus Center, 701 East Pratt St. in Baltimore. The meeting will begin at 8 a.m.
At approximately 9 a.m., the full Board will convene to consider recommendations of the Finance Committee on the need for spring semester tuition increases at the USM's 11 degree-granting institutions as a result of additional reductions to the current USM budget. The Board also will discuss USM institutions' cost containment measures to reduce their respective budgets.
Immediately following the full Board meeting, the Finance Committee will reconvene.
During its bifurcated meeting, the Finance Committee will consider several agenda items, including:
- USM Fiscal Year 2003 and FY 2004 operating budgets
- USM tuition rates
- Parking fee distribution model for the University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP)
- Funding for the Riggs Alumni Center at UMCP
- Funding authorization to improve Research Park Building 1 for UMCP
- Auxiliary enterprise accounting practices
- USM deferred compensation plan
- USM grievance policy for exempt and non-exempt employees
- USM policy for disclosure of misconduct for exempt and non-exempt employees
- USM financial data report
- USM enrollment projections
- Report on procurements between $1 million and $5 million for FY 2002
The full agenda and background information will be available at the meeting. Sign language interpreters and/or other appropriate accommodations for eligible individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please call 301/445-2756 (voice) or 301/314-7683 (TTY/ITT) to make special arrangements.