Education Policy Committee Looks at Textbook Affordability, Transfer Student Enrollment (Meeting rescheduled for February 2)
ADELPHI, Md. (January 28, 2009) - The Committee on Education Policy of the University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents will meet Monday, February 2, 2009, in the Benjamin Banneker Room of the Stamp Student Union at the University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP). The public meeting will convene at 1:30 pm to be followed at its close by an executive session of the committee.
The committee's agenda includes:
- New academic program proposals for a bachelor of science in earth science at Salisbury University and a bachelor of fine arts in visual arts at University of Maryland, Baltimore County;
- Proposed policy on textbook affordability measures;
- Update on Trimester Pilot Program at Towson University;
- Report on USM institutional SAT profiles;
- USM Report on Transfer Students: Patterns of Enrollment and Success.
Click here to access the complete meeting agenda.
Background information and agendas will be available at the meeting. Sign language interpreters and/or other appropriate accommodations for eligible individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request. Please call 301.445.2756 (voice) or 301.314.7683 (TTY/ITT) to make special arrangements.
For directions to UMCP and a campus map, visit http://www.cvs.umd.edu/visit/directions.html and http://www.transportation.umd.edu/visitor/campusmap.html respectively.
Associate Vice Chancellor for Communications
University System of Maryland
3300 Metzerott Road
Adelphi, MD 20783
Contact: Anne Moultrie