Under direct supervision, performs routine duties in the operation of
computers and peripheral equipment to process data.
1. Monitors/controls console of multi-user computer system. Observes
equipment to detect error messages, faulty output or machine
stoppage. Takes action to correct error or stoppage and continue
operations. Notifies supervisor of problems.
2. Loads and unloads media and performs routine media maintenance for
3. Loads and unloads forms and printers. Adjusts forms for proper
alignment. Post-processes forms and dispatches output to
appropriate destination. Assists in monitoring output to ensure
legibility of printouts and correctness of report format.
4. Submits and/or releases production jobs following run
5. Performs necessary system backups and restores.
6. Posts and updates logs. Communicates activities, turnovers,
downtime, problems and actions taken.
7. Ensures the operational readiness of computers and peripheral
equipment. Keeps equipment clean and regularly performs routine
8. Monitors physical environment for appropriate conditions (e.g.
temperature, electrical, security).
9. Assists in monitoring an inventory of supplies and notifies
supervisor when reorders are necessary.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year in the operation of multi-user computers and
Working knowledge of and skill in operating computer consoles, on-line
terminals and peripheral equipment. Ability to lift and transport
computer supplies and equipment; to recognize computer system error
messages and take corrective action; to communicate effectively orally
and in writing; to work under pressure.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries
and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.