Under general supervision, independently coordinates the operational
tasks involved in the day to day administration of one or more major
academic program such as Faculty Promotion and Tenure, Residency
Recruitment and Training, Continuing Education, Professional
Development, and Admission and Registration.
1. Receives, screens, and responds to inquiries on the phone or in
writing. Provides general information about the program such as
admission requirements, basic academic policies, and general
2. Coordinates administrative processes involved in supporting
academic programs which typically include recruitment, selection,
admission, registration, orientation, and progression of
students, residents, or participants.
3. Ensures that all required forms and documentation are complete.
Compiles, updates, and maintains all records related to assigned
4. Provides administrative support to the committee which
administers the appointment, promotion, and tenure review of
5. Assists in planning and coordinates all activities involved in
organizing lectures, conferences, seminars, workshops,
symposiums, and special events such as staff retreats.
6. Participates in all efforts to promote and publicize the program
such as recruitment fairs and professional conferences.
7. Assist in the design, edits, and prepares drafts of marketing,
public relations, and other informational materials. Coordinates
printing and publication requirement with University or other
8. Collects and enters information needed for database and tracking
system on program activities. Compiles statistics, presents these
in table or chart format, and prepares reports for program
evaluation, compliance, and survey participation purposes.
9. Prepares, organizes, and disseminates class or conference
schedules, course descriptions, outlines, syllabus, handouts, and
other similar materials through close coordination with faculty.
10. Serves as a liaison between students, residents, or faculty and
department staff regarding payroll, benefits, reimbursements, and
other administrative matters. Assists with travel, housing, and
11. Assists in the preparation of grant and contract and project
12. Maintains and monitors the budget. Records details of financial
transactions and processes documents such as invoices, vouchers,
receipts, reimbursements, and requisitions. Prepares financial
statements and summaries.
13. Assists with program evaluation activities and recommends ways to
efficiently utilize space, equipment, and personnel resources.
14. May supervise the activities of clerical staff including
establishing priorities, training, and evaluating performance.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a
representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of
this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific
duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree.
EXPERIENCE: One year experience in administrative staff work in which
program coordination in a directly related field was a primary
General knowledge of business english, spelling, and grammer. General
knowledge of and skill in th euse of word processing, database, and
spreadsheet software to produce documents and maintain information.
Skill in performing basic mathematical computations. Ability to
present statistical material in table, chart, or graph form. Ability
to plan, organize, and prioitize multiple tasks and assignmnets.
Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with tact and
discretion. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Ability to operate computers and other office equipment. Ability to
train, supervise, and evaluate personnel.
OTHER: Except for qualifications established by law, additional
related experience and formal education in which one has gained the
knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the
work of the job class may be substituted for the education or
experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college
credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT