The Data Journal provides a statistical snapshot of the University System of Maryland (USM), and serves as a source of comparative information over time. In short, it is a historic document portraying concisely and incisively data on admissions, enrollment, financial aid/pricing, retention and graduation, degrees, faculty and staff, and other miscellaneous information about the thirteen institutions within the USM, 11 degree-granting and two research institutes. Please contact Chad Muntz, Director of Institutional Research, for additional information.
Interactive Data Journals
Our data journals have moved to IRIS, USM's online data visualization and analytics site. The data journals now allow for increased customization options and visualizations. See below for the listing of the data journal reports that are live on IRIS, they are grouped by Data Journal type.
- Statewide Fall Headcount by Level
- Statewide Headcount Enrollment by Student Level and Attendance Status
- Statewide Entering First-Time Freshman Cohort
- Statewide Headcount Enrollment by Program Area by Level
- Statewide Headcount Enrollment by Gender and Ethnicity (by Semester)
- Statewide Headcount by Gender and Ethnicity, Trends
- Headcount Enrollment by Area of Origin
- Undergraduate Headcount Enrollment by Area of Origin
- Graduate Headcount Enrollment by Area of Origin
- Tuition Status by Student Level
- Statewide Median Age by Student Level and Attendance Status
Faculty and Staff
- Statewide Personnel by Occupation Category
- Statewide Personnel, Occupation Category by Employment Status
- Statewide Full Time Faculty by Instituion by Principal Assignment
- Statewide Full-Time Instructional Faculty Rank by Tenure Status
- Statewide Instructional Faculty Age Distribution by Employment Status
- Transfer Students by Type of Sending Institution
- Transfer Students by Type of Sending Institution Over Time
- Maryland Community College Transfer Students by Ethnicity
- Maryland Community College Transfer Students by USM Institution Over Time
- Maryland Community College Transfer Students by Sending Institution Over Time
- Maryland Community College Transfer Students by Sending Institution and USM Institution
- Maryland Community College Transfer Students by Student Program Area Over Time
- Maryland Community College Transfer Students by Attendance
- Maryland Community College Transfer Students by Student Level
The USM Office of Institutional Research produces annual reports using systemwide data. Some of these reports are available on the web. To access these reports, click below.
USM provides easy access to some national data on public 4-year institutions. These data are primarily used for peer analysis. The data include faculty award, degrees, enrollments, institutions, expenditures, revenues, graduation rates, faculty salaries, faculty numbers, tuition & fees.
Additional national data are available from the National Center for Educational Statistics.
For additional USM data, suggestions, or comments on our website, please contact Chad Muntz