Media Advisory - USM Board of Regents to Meet Oct. 5
October 1, 2001
USM Board of Regents to Meet Oct. 5 at University of Baltimore
The University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents will meet in
regular session on Friday, October 5 at 1 p.m. in Room 143 of the Thumel
Business Center at the University of Baltimore, at the corner of North
Charles St. and West Mt. Royal Ave. in Baltimore.
The Board will consider several agenda items, including:
- Presentation of Board of Regents Staff Awards
- Policies for students, faculty and staff called to active military duty
- Report of the USM Biosciences Work Group
- Report on the revitalization of Coppin State College
- Report on proposed revisions to the USM's policy on undergraduate
admissions, designed to accommodate the transition of Maryland's secondary
schools to a proficiency-based system
- New program proposal for a master of public administration and
post-baccalaureate certificate in management from Bowie State University
- Recommendations on academic programs identified by the Maryland Higher
Education Commission as "low productivity"
- Strategic plans for the USM's Universities at Shady Grove and Hagerstown
- USM Information Technology (IT) Strategic Plan
Full agenda and background information will be available at the meeting.
Sign language interpreters and/or other appropriate accommodations for
eligible individuals with disabilities will be provided upon request.
Please call 301/445-2756 (voice) or 301/314-7683 (TTY/ITT) to make special