The University System of Maryland provides entrepreneurs, startups, and small businesses with resources - you don't have to be a student or faculty member to access them! Six expansive resources are below:
- I-Corps, which trains entrepreneurs in customer discovery to uncover market potential
- Maryland Technical Internship Program (MTIP), which provides reimbursement for interns
- Maryland Industrial Partnerships (MIPS), which provides funding for university-based research projects that help the companies develop new products.
- $16M Maryland Momentum Fund, which invests in USM-related startups
- TU's StarTUp Accelerator, which provides mentoring, space, and a $10k prize to accepted ventures
- SU's Shore Hatchery, which provides up to $200,000 annually in prize money via fall and spring business plan competitions
Learn more about these programs and more via this Maryland Entrepreneur Hub list.
The University System of Maryland and our institutions are proudly part of the state-wide Maryland Entrepreneur Hub, which enables innovators, startup founders, and small business owners to find and connect with the right resources for their business, including investors, universities, mentoring programs, networking groups, training programs, and more.