Enrollment Increase, UMBI Facilities Plan on Regents' Finance Committee Agenda, November 20
ADELPHI, Md. (November 17, 2008) - The Committee on Finance of the University System
of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents will meet Thursday, November 20, 2008, at
the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) in Catonsville. The public
meeting will convene on the seventh floor of the Albin O. Kuhn Library at
approximately 11:15 a.m., following
a.m. executive session of the
The following action items are
before the committee:
- University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute
(UMBI) 2007-2017 facilities master plan update;
- Proposed FY 2009 contract between the University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) and the University of Maryland Medical System Corporation;
- Renewal of system-wide scientific supplies
- Plan Document for USM 403(b) supplemental
- Plan Document for USM 457(f) contingent deferred
The committee will also
receive a report on fall 2008's record enrollment increase-up 4.2 percent above
fall 2007-and FY 2009 estimated FTE (full-time equivalent students).
Click here for the
complete agenda. Background information will be available at the meeting.
Sign language interpreters
and/or other appropriate accommodations for eligible individuals with
disabilities will be provided upon request. Please call 301.445.2756 (voice) or
301.314.7683 (TTY/ITT) to make special arrangements.
Parking for attendees will
available in UMBC's Walker Avenue Garage. For driving directions to UMBC and a
campus map, visit: http://www.umbc.edu/aboutumbc/directions.php.
Contact: John Buettner