Under direct supervision, performs a variety of manual labor activities which may include linen service, stocking, janitorial, maintenance, groundskeeping, mail handling, delivery, messenger, moving and/or storage functions.
1. Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings, tile, fixtures, equipment windows, blinds, shades and floors. Dusts and polishes specified areas and/or furnishings.
2. Collects and removes refuse and leaves.
3. Removes snow and ice from sidewalks, parking lots and entrances; spreads salt, sand, deicers, or gravel to prevent slipping.
4. Mows lawns, trims hedges, trims, cultivates, weeds and prunes plants, flowers, trees and shrubs.
5. Assists with the sorting, stocking and delivery of mail, messages, packages and supplies.
6. Moves office furniture and equipment to designated locations.
7. Launders, sorts, and checks linens and clothing.
8. Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts equipment according to established procedures.
9. Operates a variety of hand and power tools and equipment to facilitate assigned work.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
Ability to read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations; to follow oral and written instructions; to operate assigned hand and power tools and equipment; to perform physical work requiring bending, stooping, reaching, carrying, and frequent heavy lifting; to work in adverse weather conditions; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Valid Maryland Noncommercial Class C driver's license may be required. Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.