Under direct supervision, receives training and assists in performing routine duties related to computer operations and/or production scheduling.
1. Assists in monitoring and controlling the console of a multi-user computer system. Observes computer and peripheral equipment and learns to detect error messages, faulty output, or machine stoppage.
2. Loads and unloads media and assists in performing routine media maintenance for computer operations.
3. Loads and unloads forms & printers. Adjusts forms for proper alignment. Post-processes forms & dispatches output to appropriate destination. Assists in monitoring output to ensure legibility of printouts & correctness of report format.
4. Assists in submitting and/or releasing production jobs following run instructions.
5. Learns to perform necessary system backups and restores.
6. Learns to use scheduling software.
7. Assists in verifying output, checks for completeness and accuracy.
8. Keeps equipment clean and assists in regularly performing routine maintenance functions.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
Ability to learn to operate computer consoles, on-line terminals and peripheral equipment; to lift and transport computer supplies and equipment; to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.