Under direct supervision, performs cashiering activities related to receipts. Prepares bank deposits and maintains records of cashiering operations.
1. Receives and disburses funds following established procedures and guidelines; maintains records of monetary transactions.
2. Performs cashiering activities such as completing credit card transactions, making change, cashing checks, issuing receipts and balancing registers, receipts and disbursements.
3. Prepares currency for bank deposits or transfers such as endorsing checks, tallying totals of cash, charges and checks received and preparing bank deposit slips.
4. Operates automated equipment such as cash registers, charge terminals, computer terminals and other manual and automated office equipment.
5. Examines currency and checks to detect counterfeiting, forgery or damaged money.
6. Prepares and submits records and reports pertaining to cash received.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year of related work experience.
General knowledge of cashiering function. Skill in making accurate monetary transactions; in performing mathematical computations. Ability to prepare written records and reports; to operate keyboards and calculators; to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers; to operate manual and automated office equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: