Under direct supervision, follows established protocols to locate, enroll, and maintain records on research study participants, and conducts structured interviews. Visits study participants at various off-site locations and/or makes contacts in the community.
1. Locates, recruits, screens for eligibility, and enrolls study participants from available pool.
2. Describes to participants risks and benefits of study participation in order to obtain informed consent.
3. Makes appointments, interviews participants by phone or in person according to established procedures for structured interviews, and records responses concisely and accurately using manual or automated methods. Conducts follow up interviews.
4. Extracts basic study-related information from medical or other source documents.
5. Takes vital signs and blood pressure, and may draw blood, collect urine samples, or perform other related medical procedures.
6. Maintains accurate and timely study activity and expense logs.
7. Performs related clerical support as assigned.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Six month's work experience
Skill in summarizing and communicating information simply and completely; in reading maps. Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone; to perform basic medical tasks such as taking vital signs, blood pressure, and drawing blood; to walk orstand at least 50% of the time to work in a non-office setting; to use a personal and/or notebook computer and applicable software applications to record and enter data; to organize assigned workload; and to use time effectively.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Valid Maryland Noncommercial Class C or equivalent driver's license may be required. Candidates selected for employment may also be required to provide their own transportation. Some positions may require overnight travel.