Under direct supervision, provides clinical support services involving distribution, collection, and storage of medical supplies and equipment.
1. Receives instrument cassettes from Central Sterile Unit (CSU) and distributes to students and faculty.
2. Receives, inspects, and verifies return of all contaminated instruments. Initiates procedures regarding missing or damaged instruments.
3. Conducts physical inventory and orders supplies to maintain adequate inventory levels in dispensary and in laboratories. Receives, unpacks, labels, and places supplies in proper order on shelves or cluster cabinets.
4. Logs instruments in and out using manual or bar code system. Enters and retrieves data from computerized database.
5. Maintains and updates logs and records of supply transactions. Compiles and files documents such as packing slips, purchase requisitions, and vendor information.
6. Maintains supplies kept in patient education rooms such as forms, pamphlets, and tools used in demonstrating proper dental hygiene.
7. Distributes lab coats, patient charts, small equipment, and other supplies to chairside.
8. Observes Universal Precautions regarding the handling of infectious waste.
9. Performs a variety of routine clerical duties such as answering phones, taking and relaying information, and filing.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High-school diploma or GED
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations. • Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. • Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. • Ability to perform extensive standing and walking. • Ability to push and pull carts of supplies to make deliveries around building. • Ability to lift, stock shelves, and load carts of supplies and equipment. • Ability to operate computers and other standard office equipment. • Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records and logs. • Ability to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examination to determine ability to perform the job. Employees in this job class may be required to receive immunization shots to prevent illness due to exposure to blood borne pathogens.