Under direct supervision, receives and reviews input and output data for accuracy, completeness, and adherence to established standards.
1. Receives and reviews source documents to ensure completeness and appropriateness prior to data entry.
2. Compares source documents to information on computer printout to detect errors and ensure conformity to established policies and procedures.
3. Notifies supervisor when errors and shortage of output are detected, and corrects errors or refers work to other workers for correction.
4. Codes source documents and calculates batch totals. Verifies output against batch totals.
5. Reviews printout format, sorts and distributes printouts based on pre-established instructions.
6. Maintains a variety of data control logs to track flow of work through department.
7. Responds to routine inquiries and resolves problems relative to input and/or output.
8. Assists in preparing reports for a variety of users.
9. Operates standard office equipment such as personal computers, data entry devices, printers and photocopiers.
10. Performs general clerical duties such as typing, filing, and answering phones.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One and one half years in data entry/data control activities.
Ability to recognize and correct clerical errors; to perform simple mathematical calculations rapidly and accurately.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: