Under direct supervision, performs routine security activities to protect buildings and property and safeguard occupants and visitors during normal operations and special events.
1. Secures and monitors entrances and exits to buildings and property.
2. Patrols buildings and grounds and notifies appropriate personnel when problems and life safety threats arise.
3. Completes logs and basic reports as instructed.
4. Assists with traffic control, crowd control, and parking enforcement.
5. Responds to routine inquiries from staff, students and visitors.
6. Maintains communication with appropriate personnel utilizing equipment such as two-way radios and telephones.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
Ability to follow oral and written instructions; to complete basic reports; to detect situations imperiling life, safety, and property; to perform extensive sitting, standing, and walking; to communicate effectively; to operate two way radios and telephones.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Applicants must submit to and successfully pass a thorough background investigation. Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job. Valid Maryland Non-commercial Class C or equivalent driver's license may be required. Employees in this job class may besubject to pre-employment and random drug testing.