Under direct supervision, performs moderately complex multi-functional clerical/operational duties as part of an institutionally defined self-directed team. Work involves a limited variety of specialized tasks and methods consistent with a clearly defined team-based work environment and continuous quality improvement objectives.
1. Assembles and compiles basic data according to specific instructions. Utilizes manual and automated methods to enter and retrieve data. Assists in preparing and producing standard reports and data summaries.
2. Receives and directs incoming calls and visitors. Responds to general inquiries regarding office operations.
3. Assists in maintaining records and filing systems. Codes, combines, copies, sorts, and files documents according to defined procedures.
4. Processes a high volume of similar routine transactions with clearly defined procedures.
5. Prepares and assists in preparing bulk mailings.
6. Operates office equipment such as multi-line telephones, personal computers, typewriters, facsimile machines, and photocopiers.
7. Delivers, posts, and retrieves documents and materials.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year in clerical work.
Working knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment; of grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Skill in operating office equipment and effective telephone skills. Ability to independently perform a limited range of clerical and operationaltasks including computer data entry, basic arithmetic calculations and compilation of statistical data; completion of standard forms; creation and maintenance of computer files; and preparation of simple reports and data summaries. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to work effectively in a self-directedteam-based work environment; to understand and apply team quality and performance standards. Ability to follow oral and written procedures and processes; to establish and maintain effective work relationships both within and outside the team; to operate personal computers and software; to understand and interpret department policies andprocedures.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: