Under general supervision, performs moderately complex accounting clerical or bookeeping tasks to support accounts payable/receivable, payroll, timekeeping, auditing and/or other accounting functions. Post journal entries, processes payments, and verifies accuracy ofdata.
1. Assists in collecting and compiling data for inclusion in budget documents, finanical statements, and other reports.
2. Assists in monitoring departmental accounts by gathering reports and records and identifying errors and discrepancies.
3. Inputs data, records and verifies details of financial transactions in journals, ledgers and automated systems.
4. Reviews and processes financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, receipts, requisitions, timesheets and reports, ensuring accuracy of mathematical computations and completeness.
5. Performs all duties of Accounting Clerk I.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: One year accounting clerical experience.
Working knowledge of bookeeping principles, mathematical methods and techniques. Skill in performing basic mathematical computations; in the use of calculators. Ability to communicate effectively; to operate keyboards, personal computers and financial software, manual and automated office equipment; to prepare written records and reports; to input data.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: