Under direct supervision, performs specialized work in a copy/print center in operating a multifunctional high speed photocopier with capabilities such as one-pass duplexing, document feeder, chapterization, collating, stapling and feeding from multiple paper trays.
1. Operates high-speed photocopier capable of running at a miminum of 80 copies per minute. Performs operations such as single or duplex copying and on-line collating assuring appropriate copier exposure and sizing settings.
2. Prepares routine materials for copying by examining job request forms to determine quantity and stock specifications and assuring that orginials are in appropriate order for copying.
3. Cleans, adjusts and performs routine maintenance on copier equipment according to prescribed procedures. Loads supplies such as stitcher wire, toner, and paper and clears paper jams.
4. Prepares and maintains production records and inventory of copier supplies.
5. Responds to routine inquiries regarding center operations, copier capabilities, job layout and schedules.
6. Performs material handling activities such as moving supplies and cases of paper, assisting in loading and unloading copiers and stocking shelves.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
EXPERIENCE: Six months in the operation of a high speed copier.
Basic knowledge of the operation and the paper and supplies used in a high speed copier. Ability to maintain effective working relationships; to communicate both orally and in writing; to follow oral and written instructions; to operate and make routine adjustmentsand repairs to a high speed photocopier; to lift, transport, and stock copier supplies, paper and related equipment; to wear and work in personal protective equipment; to perceive normal color spectrum.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.