Under general supervision, performs complex clerical and other support activities within the procurement function which include preparing invitations to bid or requests for proposals, preliminary review of quotations and proposals and initiating summary analysis.
1. Reviews, types and assembles procurement documents and quotations, ensuring accuracy and completeness. Assists in determining what supporting documents are necessary such as board action agenda and formal publications.
2. Responds to inquiries by providing information which typically requires research and interpretation of data and knowledge of departmental policies and procedures.
3. Generates and updates records and databases pertinent to procurement transactions.
4. Places purchase orders as directed by supervisor.
5. Gathers market information from vendors regarding prices, discounts and availability of goods and services.
6. Obtains information by initiating communications with vendors and clients regarding activities such as price verification, order status and expediting.
7. Performs arithmetic calculations for purchase order quantities, price extension and totals.
8. Distributes and files documents utilizing manual and or automated systems following established procedures.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Two years related work experience.
General knowledge of office practices; of business english and arithmetic. Ability to operate standard office equipment; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to prepare reports reflecting daily operations and project status; to perform arithmeticcalculations; to type or enter data at a minimum of 30 net wpm.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: