Under general supervision, coordinates process associated with the preparation of manuscripts, anthologies, and custom textbooks. Obtains copyright clearances and handles related administrative and clerical details related to the process.
1. Obtains copyright permission from publishers.
2. Reviews documents for compliance with copyright laws.
3. Provides guidance and direction regarding copyright procedures.
4. Processes and maintains all administrative detail associated with copyright clearance.
5. Maintains automated and manual records and files.
6. Coordinates the completion of jobs throughout the production process. Recommends appropriate techniques to increase quality and effectiveness of copyright process.
7. Initiates and prepares various reports and documentation.
8. Performs other related duties as required.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or G.E.D.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of clerical experience, one year of which must have included processing copyright clearances.
Thorough knowledge of and skill in applying copyright practices and procedures, principles of office management and supervision. General knowledge of business English, grammar, spelling and punctuation. Skill in planning and coordinating clerical work; in interpreting and applying departmental policies and procedures; in operating manual andautomated office equipment including personal computers and related software; in composing correspondence and preparing reports; in performing mathematical computations. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to establish and maintaineffective work relationships.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: