Under general supervision, coordinates all of the activities relating to various dental research projects and educational studies.
1. Coordinates project requirements relating to staffing, time, space, equipment and supplies with appropriate school/campus personnel.
2. Compiles and updates statistics needed for the annual report and utilization review.
3. Assists in developing, organizing and implementing policies and procedures.
4. Orients principal investigators and trains staff on clinic procedures and equipment utilization.
5. Assists in completing research protocol.
6. Schedules patients for treatment and maintains recall schedule.
7. Compiles and maintains individual treatment charts.
8. Processes patient bills and invoices.
9. Ensures the upkeep of the clinics including all instruments and equipment.
10. Performs all of the duties of a Dental Assistant II as needed.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Four years dental assisting experience.
OTHER: Qualification by the Maryland State Board of Dental Examiners.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, students, staff and clients. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. General knowledge of and ability to comply with confidentiality of records and communications regarding patients/clients. Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.Ability to prepare reports and maintain records. Ability to use computers and other standard office equipment. Skill in the use of dental instruments and equipment. Thorough knowledge of the principles of dental assisting theory, technique and practice. Skill inprocedures using sit-down four-handed dentistry techniques. Ability to wear and work in personal protective equipment. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employees in this job class must be certified by the Dental Assisting National Board within the first twelve months of employment and must also become CPR certified within the first twelve months. Employees in this job class must also meet and maintain the requirements for current dental assisting as established by the Dental AssistingNational Board. Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquiries and/or medical examination to determine ability to perform the job.