Under general supervision, assists in collecting, analyzing, and managing nutrition data used in research studies.
1. Collects nutritional data by interviewing study participants about their nutritional habits and individual food choices.
2. Analyzes weekly nutrition data such as diabetic exchange records to calculate intake and to make recommendations for weight loss according to study protocols.
3. Analyzes baseline, midline, and post-intervention seven-day food records using nutritional software applications.
4. Instructs study participants in food record documentation, and reviews records with study participants on a regular basis according to study protocols.
5. Prepares take-home test diets for study participants.
6. Tracks participation and maintains records according to study protocols.
7. Assists research dietitian in analyzing large data sets and in preparing reports or materials for presentation or publication.
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
EDUCATION: Associate of Arts degree in Nutrition, Dietetic Technology or related field
EXPERIENCE: One years related experience
General knowledge of the principles and practices of the field of nutrition. General knowledge of applicable nutritional programs and systems such as the diabetic exchange plan. Skill in interviewing patients regarding nutritional habits and choices. Ability to assess, calculate, and analyze nutritional needs such as caloric intake. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with diverse groups of patients, faculty, staff, and students. Ability to manage time and workload effectively. Ability to use applicable hardware such as personal or laptop computers and applicable computersoftware such as nutritional analysis applications.
Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical inquires and/or medical examination to determine ability to perform the job.